Sunday, January 19, 2014

Bcc Can Be Your New Best Friend

In a recent post I queried for ideas around tools to manage my calendar. Specifically, I was looking tips around Outlook, Evernote (EN), and "Getting things Done" (GTD). The most helpful sources I found focused on:

Evernote Discussion Forums -- Very helpful community of EN users
"The Secert Weapon" -- specific techniques around using EN for GTD

The most useful tip (that I had been using intermittently) was the use of Bcc to get e-mail into Evernote. I found that I was doing this so frequently that I was willing to give the screen real estate in Outlook by having the bcc field visible all the time. Like most things in Outlook, you have to dig to find it. Here are those instructions in a nutshell for Outlook 2010:

  1. Open a new New E-Mail message
  2. Click Options menu to display the Options ribbon
  3. Click "Bcc" on the "Show Fields" section of the Options Ribbon

Here is the link to the Microsoft KB article for various version of Outlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment